I feel like these many months since I last wrote have been some of the most life-altering months of my life. Before I settle in to writing regular posts here, I thought I’d put together a quick list of what’s happened in the last year:
1) I launched a kickstarter campaign and funded the beginnings of a new business venture.
2) I started said business
3) I had another baby (girl – that makes 3 total if anyone’s counting)
4) My oldest daughter started kindergarten
5) The baby I had when I started this blog is now 2 years old!
5) My husband quit his job to follow his dream to write AND help me with my business. He’s now a regular contributor to the Good Men Project.
Basically this last year has been the year of “going for it.” In fact, Oct. 11 was the anniversary of my Kickstarter launch.
It’s pretty surreal to think back to what my life looked like a year ago, and what it looks like now. We are by no means THERE yet in terms of really seeing our dreams realized, but we’ve taken some giant steps in that direction. Sure it’s scary, but we have great support and we’re not afraid to fail, which is always a possibility.
What I can say is that being neck deep in carving our own path no matter how frightening and unpredictable, is much better than sitting around thinking about it.
I’m not advocating such drastic measures for everyone, unless that’s really what you feel you must do. But we can all take a step in the direction we want to go. It’s ok to start small, as long as you start.
What about you? What difference has a year made for you?