February is basically 3/4 done and I'm in denial. I feel like I need to take a post and see what's done and what isn't.
Looking back at the beginning of the month when I blogged my February plans, here's what I thought would go down:
1) Trucker hats - CHECK
2) Finalizing e-commerce store (started on Ecwid and moved to Shopify) - CHECK
3) Even prepping - I'm dragging my feet on this one but it's next on my to-do list.
4) Keola's birthday - AACK! That's Monday and I don't really have any big plans - though we did just decide on a field trip to Waimea, which should be a blast.
5) Re-working my work space - Just mentioned this yesterday, and that is well underway, using my clutter-busting question
6) Participating in design competition (for Wrappily) - CHECK
7) Get art on the wall - I've framed two prints and stuck one to the wall. I know what hardware I need to hang my frames, I just need to go buy it, and order prints. Progress.
8) Get 2 blog series off the ground - CHE_ _ - I started Nature Walks, but the other requires more work and I haven't sat down to hash it out yet. Posts for this series definitely will not be up this month, and that's ok. I'll shoot for March, but I do want to have the bare bones done for this.
9) Surprise! Cotton candy photo shoot. I can't wait to share more.
Altogether, I've given myself a pretty hefty list of things I want to be working on this month, and I'm happy to say that I'm happy with what's been accomplished so far. I know I talk endlessly about those hats, but I think what makes me the happiest is that they went from concept to completion quickly. Normally I sit around and think things to death, but this felt good and I went ahead and pulled the trigger on it. I'm hoping for more of this kind of action this year.
The other projects like the Wrappily design contest, and getting my store up simply required putting my head down and ploughing through the work, which is what needs to happen for my unfinished projects.
WHAT'S NOT WORKING:
I'm not being as good about blogging daily this month, and it's been because of a few things: 1) We haven't been following our usual routine very well, 2) I've been DEAD TIRED by the time I sit down to blog, 3) I've felt uninspired by some of the posts I had planned
The house is starting to feel neglected. It's SO HARD to keep up with Noweo. So hard. That's mostly why I'm so tired at night.
Quality time with Keola is suffering a bit, so we designated Wednesday as NO WORK nights. We chose Wednesday because it's a nice break in the middle of the week.
I enjoy being busy, but I'm beginning to feel out of balance and more tired than usual so I need to pay attention to that and make adjustments, but overall I'm enjoying the opportunities that have come my way and the challenge of making everything work.