Well, I’m now 38 weeks and 2 days pregnant and ready to POP. Everyone in R.S. thinks I’m gonna go into labor any day now because I’m carrying so low, but I’m not so sure. This girl I follow on Youtube just had her baby and she was due April 7. That’s promising since I’m due April 9, but everyone’s different and if it’s one thing I’ve learned about pregnancy, it’s that the weeks go by so fast. April 9th will be here and gone before long. I have no impressions on when my girl will be here, and my body seems perfectly content to let this pregnancy go on forever.
Being preggo (especially this far along) is like having a battle between the mind and the body. My mind expects my body to do what it used to be able to do, and my body disagrees. For example…trying to run away from Keola during a tickle fight involves a really fast duck waddle. I get mercy points for being cute 🙂
In short, even though I walk like a penguin and might be excited to have my little girl in my arms and my flat tummy back, I will miss her little (or big) kicks and rolls no matter how bruised my ribs get. I’ll miss how she sticks her butt out when I put my hand on my belly. I’ll miss how she dances when I blast the radio in the car. I’ll miss her hiccups that make little earthquakes in my belly. I’ll miss being this close to her.
Pregnancy is an amazing adventure that I will miss, but I have a feeling that motherhood will be even more amazing and it will never end.
Well, it’s been a while since I’ve written. I’ve literally been soooo busy trying to get things ready. The problem with me is that I spend too much time thinking and planning and trying to get things perfect in my head before I actually do anything. Well, now is the time for action. Here’s my exhaustive list of things I still want to get done before baby comes:
1) Get her bed – We don’t even have her little bed because my grandma offered to buy it but doesn’t know how to order it. She keeps telling me that I need to help her order it. I just want to tell her to write us a check for the amount and we’ll order it ourselves.
2) Sew diapers – I don’t have the amount of diapers that I want yet, so I have to sit my butt down and do my sewing. If I need to, I can always get disposables to hold me over.
3) Get a real diaper bag together – I put together a “diaper bag” thing… I’m not happy with it because it’s not functional AT ALL. I can easily see things just getting thrown in there with no rhyme or reason because that’s basically what I did to put it together 🙂 Some non-diaper bags can be diaper bags, but this bag can’t. Trust me. It’ll do for now, but I’m shopping around. I’m really liking Ju Ju Be bags, but they’re so expensive. I found some deals on ebay, but I haven’t bid because I want the PERFECT bag and I’m afraid to commit to something. I keep stupidly asking myself “Is this bag gonna hold up in EVERY situation? Well I can’t answer that question because I can’t think of every situation so… I’ll never be able to make up my mind. I’m so stinkin’ indecisive.
4) Pack hospital bag – This upcoming week my hubs and I will put together our hospital bag…just in time for week 37. Most people are ready by now, but we’re slow. I have a list, I just have to put it all together.
5) Get the house ready – Then we have to clean and clean and clean. I’m glad we only have a small little one bedroom, because if it were any bigger I would be feeling pretty overwhelmed. I’m already overwhelmed enough.
6) Install the carseat – luckily this will be done tomorrow – along with vacuuming the car because it’s currently not baby-worthy.
My biggest fear is not being ready when Nōweo’s ready. I feel such a strong sense of urgency and I wish my husband felt the same. He is soooo even keel and relaxed about the whole thing, almost to a fault. I’m almost frantic and he’s so calm. He always tells me not to worry and everything will work out. I know he’s right, but I wish that I had more done anyway. I guess it works because we balance each other out. He’s all about avoiding stress. I thrive on it. Makes me wonder how our daughter’s gonna turn out.